What a thought!
I have always loved flowers. Spring time is a great time to see God’s creation as the beautiful flowers start to bloom and grow. I have always told Phil I don’t need boughten flowers just stop along the side of the road and pick me the wildflowers. They are my favorite. So your probably wondering, Why this topic???
I was asked to speak at a ladies meeting this past Saturday. When they first asked me I was nervous to say the least but after praying, accepted the invite. I then started praying and putting my thoughts on paper to help reveal what God wanted to me speak to these sweet ladies.
I have been blessed for many years to be able to share the Gospel in many different forms and places. I have played music, sang, taught Children’s Ministries, helped with and directed vacation Bible Schools, Led some youth camps and even taught a few adult Bible Studies, but I have never been asked to speak for a special occasion such as this. I was nervous and anxious at the same time.
I love to decorate with themes for birthday parties, in my office and even in my home. So when they gave me the title of their Theme I was excited.
The theme “Bloom Where You Are Planted” was such an awesome topic to speak on. I decided to compare the growing of flowers to our walk with Christ.
Plants need sun and water/food to survive.
Christians need the “SON” and water/food (God’s Word) to survive.
Now the differences:
If you water a plant or give it to much sun it will die.
If you give Christians more of the “Son,” more water/food (the Word) we grow stronger. In fact getting closer to the Son will help us stand taller when the enemy attacks. May I live in the Shadow of this SON daily.
Now let’s compare types of flowers to ourselves.
WHAT KIND OF FLOWER ARE YOU?
- CACTUS: ATTACK EVERYONE THAT COMES NEAR YOU
- ROSE: ONLY ATTACK CERTAIN PEOPLE WHEN THEY ARE UNAWARE (thorny bushes)
- DAFFODILS: ONLY SHOW UP TO CHURCH OR TO SERVE CHRIST ON SPECIAL OCCASIONS(bloom at Easter)
- ASTERS: REFERS TO ASTRONOMY AND LOOK LIKE STARS AND SHOW LOVE AND PATIENCE.
- LILIES: REPRESENT PEACE AND SWEETNESS? ARE YOU A PEACEMAKER?
- DAISIES: REPRESENT LASTING LOVE- HE LOVES ME HE LOVES ME NOT? OR I LOVE GOD , I LOVE HIM NOT?
- HYDRANGEAS: REPRESENT EMOTIONS THAT ARE CLOSE TO THE HEART AND ARE SAID TO REPRESENT HEARTLESSNESS. THEY REQUIRE A LOT OF WATER. ARE YOU HEARTLESS?
- SUNFLOWER: SYMBOL OF ADORATION AND DEDICATION. ARE YOU DEDICATED TO CHRIST?
- TULIPS: REPRESENT CHEERFULNESS, FORGIVENESS. DO YOU EASILY FORGIVE OTHER.
- GLADIOLUS: RESEMBLES A SWORD BUT SHOWS GENEROSITY. ARE YOU GLAD TO HELP OTHERS?
- DANDELIONS: HAVE GREAT BENEFITS IN STAGES LOOK LIKE THE SUN, MOON, AND WHEN PIECES OF THE MOON ARE PULLED OFF LOOK LIKE LITTLE STARS. ARE YOU BENEFICIAL FOR CHRIST?
- WILDFLOWER- SCATTER YOUR LOVE IN EVERYTHING YOU DO AND WHEREVER GOD SENDS YOU?
Throughout my live, the many areas God has placed me in, I hope I have been a “Wildflower” and scattered love in everything I have done.
I Pray daily that I can Bloom for God wherever I am planted and be an encouragement to others so they will want to do the same.
Blessed Beyond Measures,